Our Sri Maa Yoga community project in Haridwar has taken on new glanz and vigour with the expertise of Chandrani Maa and Yogi Divyanand to help us offer dance, yoga and music classes to local children. The summer holiday program of daily classes culminated in a fun theatre performance which combined storytelling, dance, song and traditional indian sounds, that we performed three times during these school holidays. After our first private viewing for Maa and the ashram guests; Maa gave it the title, "Hara Hara Gange" and offered useful feedback to us, which we incorporated into our next performance for the children's friends and family; followed the next day by a public viewing at a program in temple on the banks of the Ganga in Haridwar. This event which was personally organized by Maa, was very well received.
At the end of the performance given to local families, Maa spoke the following words: "Who is the one who held the vision for this show, and was able to make it happen? The performers gave off so much radiance; Chandrani Maa was filled with the light of Ganga Maa and Yogiji with the merciful grace of Mahadev. I had no idea that it would be possible for the children here in Kangri to do this type of performance, but Kadambari Maa had the inspiration and made it possible. We should all make an effort to help her, with our donations and support. Today we received blessings at the feet of Sri Maa Ganga."
Translation of the Ganga Stotram composed by Adishankaracharya:
1) O Goddess Ganga! You are the divine river from heaven, you are the saviour of all the three worlds, you are pure and restless, you adorn Lord Shiva’s head. O Mother! may my mind always rest at your lotus feet.
2) O Mother Bhagirathi! You give happiness to everyone. The significance of your holy waters is sung in the Vedas. I am ignorant and am not capable to comprehend your importance. O Devi, you are full of mercy. Please protect me.
3) O Devi, Your waters are as sacred as “Charanamriti” of Sri Hari. Your waves are white like snow, moon and pearls. Please wash away all my sins and help me cross this ocean of worldly existence.
4) O Mother! those who partake of your pure waters, definitely attain the highest state. O Mother Ganga! The Lord of death cannot harm your devotees.
5) O Jahnavi! your waters flowing through the Himalayas make you even more beautiful. You are saviour of the people fallen from their path, and so you are revered in all three worlds.
6) O Mother! You fulfill all the desires of the ones devoted to you. Those who bow down to you do not have to grieve. O Ganga! You are restless to merge with the ocean, just like one anxious to meet her beloved.
7) O Mother! those who bathe in your waters do not have to take birth again. O Jahnavi! You are held in the highest esteem. You destroy your devotee’s sins and save them.
8) O Jahnavi! You are full of compassion. You purify your devotees with your holy waters. Your feet are adorned with the gems of Indra’s crown. Those who seek refuge in you are blessed with happiness.
9) O Bhagavati! Take away my diseases, sorrows, difficulties, sins and wrong attitudes. You are the essence of the three worlds and you are like a necklace around the Earth. O Devi, You alone are my refuge in this world.